Holland Beckett has been in business for more than 75 years, yet has a reputation for being innovative and dynamic. This combination of stability and energy means it is a great place to work, which is evidenced in a very low staff turnover.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver excellent client service, while providing ongoing training and professional development, a healthy work/life balance, and a range of enjoyable social opportunities. Our Facebook page provides an insight into the firm’s culture.
We are always keen to hear from talented people interested in joining our team, whether or not we have current vacancies. If you are a lawyer, law graduate, legal executive or a legal support person and believe you have the necessary attributes to join us, we would be interested in hearing from you. Please contact our Practice Manager, Sharline Fitzgerald, with an updated CV (law graduates and lawyers, please include your academic record).
- Human Resources Manager
- Accounting Technician
- Senior Family Lawyer
- Commercial\Property Lawyer - Whakatane
- Senior Commercial Solicitor
Human Resources Manager
Due to the outstanding growth of our Tauranga Based, Bay of Plenty wide law firm, we are looking to hire an experienced HR Manager.
This is a new position. Accordingly, you will:
- Need to have a proven track record in the HR space.
- Have the desire to work with us as we develop a new HR strategy.
- Be involved from the ground up covering all aspects of HR as we look to implement new HR strategies, processes and procedures across our business.
- Drive this new strategy, managing relationships with the Partners, administrative staff and legal authors.
You may also be asked to assist with other administrative functions depending on business requirements and time constraints.
You will report directly to the Partners and, working alongside our Practice Manager, be responsible for the day-to-day management of our HR administrative, operational, and people related functions.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being the face and voice of HR within our business.
- Ensuring HR policies and procedures are compliant and in line with best practice in the legal field.
- Reviewing existing policies and producing new policies as needed.
- Providing the daily administration of HR services (including: organizational design, leadership development, performance management, professional development of legal employees, compensation, employee retention, team building, and employee relations).
- Meeting the needs of our business without jeopardizing our strong culture.
To be successful you will need:
- Experience in an HR leadership role within a professional services business.
- Experience working with all staff levels.
- To be well versed in each of the HR disciplines.
- Fluency in financial, market, technology, and operational matters in order to contribute to our management team.
- Effective advisory skills to management and employees.
- To be a reliable source of good ideas and HR solutions that strengthen the people and organizational aspects of our business.
- Critical thought processes.
- The ability to understand what makes a lawyer tick and the business of law generally.
- General administration.
- Experience working in the legal industry would be an advantage.
With a strong background of sustained growth we have an excellent opportunity for an accounting technician to join our administration team and be part of our future success.
Reporting to the Practice Manager the scope of this hands-on role is broad, you’ll manage and co-ordinate all of the activities of the general accounting function.
You will need excellent Excel spread sheet skills and will also be proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook. To be successful in this role you will be an organised and efficient individual who works well in a team environment.
We are seeking a candidate with relevant experience to meet the following responsibilities.
- Payment of creditors
- GST returns
- General Ledger
- Preparation of financial statements
- Administration of asset register
- Trust account administration
- Bank reconciliations
- Experience in preparing financial statements
- Competent with Excel spread sheets
- Accurate data entry
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise
- Have an understanding of accounting and taxation principles.
- Have an understanding of Trust Accounting
- Ability to work in a team environment
Senior Family Lawyer
- We are seeking a senior solicitor with a minimum of five years Family Law experience.
- This role has a focus on relationship property, servicing our large private client base.
- Holland Beckett has 38 lawyers and over 75 staff in total, most of which are located in our Tauranga office. We also have offices in Rotorua, Whakatane and Opotiki.
- We are seeking a senior solicitor to lead a small team based in our Tauranga office.
- You will also provide specialist legal services to our full team over all locations.
Your application should include a covering letter, CV and your academic record.
Commercial\Property Lawyer - Whakatane
- We are seeking a solicitor with a minimum of two years experience in Property and Commercial Law.
- The solicitor will work in our Whakatane office with a small friendly team.
- Holland Beckett has 38 lawyers and over 75 staff in total, most of which are located in our Tauranga office. We also have offices in Rotorua and Opotiki.
- We will be looking for a self starter who is after an opportunity to grow a practice in Whakatane, but with the support of a well recognised and progressive brand.
- This is an ideal opportunity for someone ready to take the next step up and to make a name for themselves.
Senior Commercial Solicitor
We are expanding further and need another solicitor to work with our Commercial Team.
- 4 – 6 years PQE
- Complex contractual drafting e.g. construction contracts and licensing documentation
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Company restructuring
- Financing transactions
- Corporate compliance
- Securities law
- Technically strong
- Good drafting ability
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
- Pragmatic client focused solutions
- Commercial acumen
- Enjoy the Tauranga lifestyle
- Team player
All applications will be treated in strict confidence and close 12 July 2013. Apply ONLINE today to Sharline Fitzgerald, Practice Manager.
Each summer Holland Beckett takes on a law student for the university holiday break. If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV to Sharline Fitzgerald, Practice Manager prior to 30 June.
We give preference to law students from the Bay of Plenty Region who will be returning for their final year of study following the summer clerkship.