Previous to the law, Dan worked as a primary school teacher in Christchurch, Wellington and London.
Following overseas travel, Dan switched careers and undertook a law degree at Victoria University.
Following study, Dan worked in Whakatane as a staff solicitor for three years where he gained valuable general experience. Subsequently, Dan drew on his rural interests and worked for Rabobank Whakatane as a Rural Bank manager where he gained further financial and commercial experience.
In 2014, Dan cemented his passion for the law and the Eastern Bay joining Hobec’s Whakatane Team. Dan is a senior solicitor specialising in property and commercial law but also retains a generalised focus including Relationship Property and Estate Planning matters. Dan has a varied client base including Maori Trusts, farming and kiwifruit clients as well as private clients.
Outside of work, Dan enjoys spending time with his young family. He is married to Meg and has three young children Beau, Billy and Rosabella. Dan also enjoys surfing, tennis and running. He is a regular participant in the gruelling Toi’s challenge.
- LLB Victoria University of Wellington 2010
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 2011
- BEd Canterbury University 1998
- Dip Teach Christchurch College of Education 1998
- Member Rotary Club of Whakatane Sunrise
- Eastern Bay of Plenty Chamber of Commerce
- Coach Eastern Bay of Plenty Junior Football League