Lara is Special Counsel at Holland Beckett specialising in resource management and Māori interests.
She joined the firm in January 2009 and became a partner in 2011 (recently retired).
Lara advises on a range of environmental, planning and Māori land issues and has experience acting at all stages of development. She has particular experience acting in relation to consenting, compliance and regional policy matters and regularly appears at Council hearings, mediations and in the Courts.
Lara also advises on the environmental aspects of property and commercial acquisitions.
Prior to joining Holland Beckett, Lara has spent several years working for large law firms in Auckland and Melbourne, and spent one year with a local council in London. Lara spent her high school years in Tauranga where she represented the Bay in swimming.
- LLB (Hons), University of Auckland 1997
- BBS (Business Law), Massey University 1994
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 1998 and in Victoria, Australia 2000
- Breast Cancer Support Services Tauranga Trust – Trustee
- Tauranga Maori Business Association - Board Member
- Resource Management Law Association - Member