- LLB, BA (History/Japanese), University of Auckland 1996
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand 1996
Vanessa Hamm is a partner at Holland Beckett specialising in resource management, local government, and public works matters.
Vanessa joined Holland Beckett in 2004 and became a partner of the firm in 2007.
Vanessa represents clients in relation to all resource management matters at Council, Environment Court, and High Court level, across a range of industry sectors. She also assists clients with advice on resource management matters generally.
Vanessa's experience includes acting on the following projects:
- Consent applications to deepen and widen the Tauranga Harbour channels by dredging 15,000,000m3 material.
- Representing Rangitata Diversion Race Management Limited in mid-Canterbury for over nine years in relation to resource management matters including water supply and irrigation issues (94,000 ha irrigable area).
- Representing clients in relation to renewable electricity generation resource consent and statutory planning matters.
- Consents to create a new Opotiki Harbour access through dredging and the construction of groynes.
- Representing the Whakatane District Council at Council and Environment Court levels in relation to consents in Matata following the May 2005 flood and debris flow events including:
- Proposed Awatarariki stream channel alignment and Matata Lagoon restoration works.
- Proposed Waitepuru debris and stream management works, Awarua Drain stopbanks, and Awarua Drain outlet control structure.
- Representing Quayside Properties Limited in relation to hearings and appeals for the 243 hectare Rangiuru Business Park at Paengaroa.
In terms of public works matters, Vanessa has sought and successfully obtained, requiring authority status for infrastructure clients, and has also acted for a number of landowners subject to land acquisition processes.
- Resource Management Law Association (Member)
- Otumoetai Swimming Club (Committee Member)