- LLB(Hons) BA – University of Waikato
- Admitted to the Bar in New Zealand in 2009
Bridget is an Associate specialising in property, resource management and local government law.
Bridget joined Holland Beckett Law in 2012 after previously practicing in Auckland. Bridget is experienced in all areas of resource management law with a focus on energy and infrastructure projects and Environment Court and local authority proceedings. In terms of property, Bridget regularly advises private and corporate clients on a range of property law matters, including public works, land development and acquisition and environmental due diligence.
Bridget also regularly advises local authority on land development and regulatory matters, including processes under the Reserves Act 1977, acquisition processes and obligations under the Public Works Act 1981, regulatory and enforcement powers under the Resource Management Act 1991 and Building Act 2004 and various matters under the Local Government Act 2002.
Bridget's specific experience includes:
• Assisting in acting for Whakatāne District Council in relation to the appeals in relation to the proposed Matatā wastewater scheme.
• Assisting in acting for Te Ahi O Maui Limited Partnership in relation to its resource consent applications and appeals regarding the proposed Te Ahi O Maui 15-20MW geothermal power station.
• Assisting in acting for Geothermal Developments Limited in relation to the re-consenting of its 8.3MW geothermal power station at Kawerau.
• Assisting in acting for Trustpower Limited on appeals to the Environment Court for the re-consenting of the Matahina Hydroelectric Power Scheme.
• Assisting in acting for a private client in successfully defending enforcement proceedings in respect of flood protection structures.
• Acting for Whakatāne District Council in respect of appeals against the joint Eastern Bay Local Alcohol Policy.
• Providing advice to local authority and private clients on property relates matters under the Reserves Act 1977 and the Public Works Act 1981.
To contact Bridget, please contact her assistant in the first instance Karen Wilson on 07 578 2199.